Nutty Pumpkin Bread
from Simply in Season
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional- I put it in)
1/2 teaspoon each- ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves (optional- I skipped all 3)
Mix together in a large bowl and make a well.
2 1/2 cups pumpkin or winter squash (cooked and pureed- I used pumpkin)
4 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 pecans or other nuts (chopped- I used pecans)
1 cup raisins or dates (chopped; optional- I skipped them because I don't like raisins :) )
Add into the well and mix just until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into 2 greased 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven to 350F until toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, 50 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely before slicing.
2 comments:
Yum! Thanks! I love the leaf pans! I wish I had them, they are PERFECT for making pumpkin bread!
yo save some for me!!!
Post a Comment